Monday, August 2, 2010

REST DAY!!!!! I LOVE REST DAY!!!!! The first thing I love about rest day is that I don't have to wake up at 5am.....but I get to sleep in until 7am....ahhh.....the little things in life! LOL!! Because you all know that around 7 to 7:30 my 5 yr old will go to me and say "Mami, the sun is out and I'm hungry!!!"

Week 4 begins today. This week, training changes a bit. Instead of running 3miles, 6 miles, and then 3 again plus the long run on Sat, I have to up the ante to 4miles, 7 miles, 4 miles, plus the long run on Sat. This Saturday's long run is a 14 mile run. I'm really excited about this because the farthest I've ever run is 13.1, so this is a challenge! 14 miles!!!!! I know I'm physically ready for them, but I'm still working with myself mentally! Running is all in your head!

Last week was awful training wise. My husband started traveling, therefore I only ran 1 day during the week (3 miles) and then nothing. It was driving me insane! My body was asking for it! And I kept eating like a beast! OH SHIT! This is when motherhood kicks in.....I'm not leaving the kids by themselves to go running at 5am even if they're sleeping, that's a NON NEGOTIABLE!!!! So, I ate :( But, I got to run 9 miles on Saturday, with my good friend Lisa. We weren't lucky enough this past Saturday to have someone bike along with us with our water, Gatorade, snacks and all the stuff, but we managed. The heat was impossible. By 6:40am the sun was already out and it seemed like he was running with us...UNINVITED...son of a bitch! I'm longing for Winter when our runs involve nice crisp cold weather mornings and we start complaining because breathing gets a bit more difficult! By then, the sun will be invited to our runs and welcomed with open arms.

I read "The Runner's Rule Book"....amazing! Funny!!!! I could relate to much of it! Therefore I have decided to embrace rule #3, (I think it is).....treat your black toenails as badges of HONOR!!!!" Pretty funny stuff in there, if you run you should read it. It will keep you on track!

As for my aunt, she starts her chemo this coming Wednesday. Lots of prayers for her and all our family, of course. She is very positive and convinced that this too shall pass. This, as usual, gets my training into perspective. Don't complain! Worse things happen to people who are better than you, so SUCK IT UP!!!!!!!!

Oh....one last thing! I have realized that I may be running 26.2 miles by myself on January 9, but I'm definitely NOT training by myself!!! I was overwhelmed with your support from my first RD and really inspired me to push forward. Your support means the world to me! Keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!

Much love and thanks for letting me share!!!

2 comments:

  1. When I read your comments in FB, I ask myself "HOW DOES SHE DO IT? Three kids, job, house, etc." But THIS DIARY makes it clear what your true challenges are, on the road and out of it. KEEP WRITING! And I CAN'T wait for your running diary of the NY Marathon! GIRL POWER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success in life is a matter not so much of talent or opportunity as of concentration and perseverance.C. W. Wendte

    OK so If you have the concentration and the perseverance and LOTS & LOTS of talent you'll be crossing that finish line in no time ;-)B

    ReplyDelete